Friday, July 13, 2007

Holiday rant

6 minutes

That was the exact time elapsed from the moment I left the building for my holidays to the moment I got the first call from the lab.
Two more hours went by 'til I got the second call.
Rats!
I'm stuck here, too broke to travel abroad, with my cell phone on because my family must be able to reach me. Problem being everybody will be able to call me.
Money doesn't bring happiness, but it sure helps when you want to have fun and travel!
Of course I shouldn't be complaining. Yes, I do know plenty of people have it worst than we do.
Well, we'll make do whit what we have for now.
Sorry for the bad mood. A couple of days at the beach and it will surely improve.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You have my permission to be dark. It's important sometimes.

You'll snap out of it when it's run its course.

Christine said...

Hope things are better for you. Who knows, perhaps something exciting will happen when you least expect it.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Thinking that there are others who have it worse doesn't always help, D. Especially when we NEED the holiday! Why doesn't the work place respect your holiday time? Tell them you're leaving the country...so when they phone, you can ignore their number hee hee...

cadiz12 said...

i sympathize; i'm still at teh office at 9:30 p.m. and i got here at 8 a.m. Unfortunately, tomorrow will be worse. I hope the holiday will make things better for you!

Alla said...

hm you cant just ignore the lab phone calls?

DCveR said...

chill daddy: I'm just tired. No danger of me going off in a rampage. At least not just yet... ;)

christine: Thanks. Maybe something will happen.

GG: Even when I leave the country they always know how to reach me. Things are quiet already though, only two more phone calls so far.

cadiz: Damned rat race. The holiday will have to do, the batteries must be recharged.

ale: Nope. Kind of goes with the job. But it sometimes drives us nuts.

thephoenixnyc said...

Its true. Money brings freedom. How you choose to feel and live within that freedom is up to you.

Sorry its not working out for you at the moment.

Cream said...

Even out of the country, they know how to reach you???
Are you working for Big Brother?

Unknown said...

Dc, your so right - money doesnt bring happiness but it does help on occasion! as long as your all healthy my friend

DCveR said...

phoenix: It will work somehow.

cream: Goes with the job, even when I leave the country I must be reachable.

CR: It does help in most occasions! ;)

Hayden said...

regardless of where I "really" go, from the perspective of work, I always A) leave the country B) camp where the cell phones don't reach.

they don't pay me enough to be indispensable.