Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lifetime experiences II

This weekend I've redeemed a voucher GH had given me as a present on our last anniversary.
See that little plane like thingy on the photo?
That's a glider and yours truly was on it!
She offered me a sail flight!

I'd flown on several planes and helicopters before, I'd done sky diving, but I always wanted to try a sail flight and never got to do it.
An experienced pilot got us up, made several acrobatic maneuvers (never thought I would ever do two loopings in a row without an engine, that thing really was amazing) and even let me fly the glider for a while.

7 comments:

Alla said...

thats a really great gift! i myself like receiving a trip or something i can do for my bday.

thephoenixnyc said...

Now THAT's cool. What a great gift. All I got was a new sweater. ; 0

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Whoa!!!! Hope you really enjoyed.

My cousin once went para-sailing and she says it's BEAUTIFULLY SILENT up there.

Cream said...

You are brave,DC!!!

I got one of those vouchers for my 50th. It was supposed to be used within 6 months, I extended its life by 6 further months just before it expired... A year later I found it at the bottom of a drawer...
Never got to use it... Was I frightened to go gliding? I'm not sure...

Hayden said...

What FUN! great gift!

Christine said...

Look at you, swimming with dolphins, sky diving, para-sailing, I had no idea you were such a thrill seeker. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm still waiting to sky dive, can't wait!

DCveR said...

ale: Memories last longer that anything material! ;)

phoenix: That and a trip to Gettysburg if I am not mistaken... plus a few more things. Stop whining! :P

GG: Sure I enjoyed it!
I love flying, I love doing things I've never done before! Heck, I love being alive!! :D

cream: Not exactly bravery. As it happens flying in a glider is actually a lot safer than flying in a commercial airplane.

hayden: Can't complain about my luck.

christine: What? You thought I would settle for just work and the occasional blogging? No way! There is so much to do out there... :D