Thursday, May 17, 2007

Weight problems

One of the technicians at our lab has a weight problem.
Actually several of them do, but this one in particular is a severe case: she destroyed an average of 6 chairs per year in the last few years.
Some weeks ago she got a drastic gastric band.
As soon as she got back to work she wanted to celebrate with her colleagues so she brought plenty of cakes... oh, and when the day was over she finished up the leftovers so she wouldn't take any home.
Today someone asked her if the gastric band was having any effect.
Her answer: "I'm not quite sure, the doctor told me not to weigh myself in order to avoid stress, but most of my clothes don't fit me anymore, I had to buy larger ones".
The next question was obvious: "Larger?!"
The next answer: "Yes, my stomach gets full really quickly now and if I follow the prescribed diet I'm always hungry, so now I'm eating mostly sugary stuff, maybe that is why I'm getting a little larger, but soon I'll be thinner, you'll see!".

Yeah, right!

5 comments:

Glitzy said...

? Craziness. I thought that surgery severly affected your appetite and anything fatty made you ill.

Cream said...

Welcome back, DC!

DCveR said...

glitzy: Beats me! It's the first time I know of someone getting one those things and putting on weight.

cream: Thanks! I've got a lot cathing up to do. How's everything going?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

She did what to the chair?? I didn't mean to laugh, I couldn't help it, it sounded like you were exaggerating. Can someone please tell her the truth?

Welcome back!

:-D

DCveR said...

GG: Honestly. We've got those fancy chairs with wheels and that you can lift or lower... she broke a lot of them already. What, truth? That would be too cruel...